Careful Painting, Inc. is a full-service painting contractor, serving Minnesota communities south and east of the Twin Cities metro area. We do residential and light commercial painting, both interior and exterior. This includes:
- staining and finishing of woodwork
- plaster and drywall repair and texturing
- water damage repair
- custom stain matching
- color matching
- wallpaper removal
- wallpaper installation
- washing and pressure-washing
- preparation and repainting of very old and weathered wooden buildings
- waterproofing cement walls
- repainting of prefinished siding
- painting cement board, stucco, and concrete
- restoration of interior wooden interior window sashes which have discolored due to moisture condensation
- custom decorative effects such as interior clouds and painted stripes
- wallpaper border installation
- kitchen cabinet washing and refinishing
- priming and painting of new Gypsum Board in new construction
- deck cleaning, stripping, sealing, staining, and refinishing
- window glazing and interior and exterior caulking
- woodwork washing and enameling
- brush, roller, and spray painting
We use mainly Benjamin Moore and Diamond Vogel paints.
We paint in Northfield, Waterford, Randolph, Cannon Falls, Vasa, Welch, Hampton, Hastings, Afton, Lakeland, Stillwater, Stanton, Dennison, Sogn, Wastedo, Kenyon, Skyberg, Bombay, Nerstrand, Faribault, Cannon City, Dundas, Shieldsville, Millersburg, Webster, Hazelwood, Castle Rock, Farmington, and in Hudson, North Hudson, and Prescott, Wisconsin.
While we have had many chances to work in the Cities, over the years we have preferred to work in smaller towns. Earlier in our history we did jobs in St. Croix Falls, Wolf Creek, Osceola, New Richmond, Star Prairie, Somerset, Houlton, Bayport, Marine-On-St.-Croix, Scandia, Withrow, Hugo, and Lake Elmo. Most of those jobs are still looking good after many years, and we do continue to travel to those area for special customers.
Small town life is very handy. From our central shop at 308 Water Street North in Northfield (two doors South of the Northfield Foundry) we can easily serve all of Northfield and the surrounding area. Carpenters find it easy to drop off woodwork to be finished prior to installation. We receive regular shipments of the various supplies that we need to do all the preparation and finishing, and we’re close if more sandpaper or caulk is needed to complete a job. Plus we’re here to consult with on new projects and to perform the regular maintenance and touch-up services that we offer.
We registered the name Careful Painting, Inc. with the Minnesota Secretary of State in 1984 and incorporated the business in 2003.